The Copeland Family

The Copeland Family

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy? 30th Birthday to Me!



Ok, I know we've been missing in action for weeks now, but I'm trying to get back on track. I thought summer was suppose to be the relaxing time of the year?!

So, after Six Flags (Pierce forgot to mention that PJ got a new dresser from IKEA while we were there!) we stayed the night in a hotel and drove home Sunday morning. We planned to go to church with my mom at the Farragut Ward since we had missed our meetings while we were driving, then rush home, pack the car, and drive to Birmingham. Just thinking about it was making me crazy, but when I suggested to Pierce that we skip church with my mom and get an earlier start he said no. I have to say I was surprised, but he had just given a talk in church the week before, so I thought he was being extra spiritual or something and who's going to stand in the way of that!? So, after church my mom and I drove home and when I walked in the door there were all these people in my house yelling surprise! I have to admit my first thought, before I processed everything, was how long are they going to stay-I have to pack! Pierce and my Mom had told me we were going to celebrate my birthday after we returned from our vacation, so I was totally surprised! My husband is so wonderful. I love surprise parties, so I was really excited. We had yummy food to eat, and my Aunt Carol made a delicious Chocolate Raspberry Cake. It really made me feel special to have my friends and family here to celebrate. Thank you to everyone who came and helped. I have the best friends and family a 30 year old girl could ask for!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Happy, happy birthday!

What a fun surprise!!!

Lindsey Rose said...

Thanks for the invite, it was fun to see your surprised face!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! that choc rasp cake looks so good.

And, I have to apologize. I was supposed to come to your party but I totally spaced it. Really. I don't know what I was doing. I hope you had a good time anyway which I am sure you did.

And, I am loving your take on the 30th birthday. I love the idea of just appreciating where we are in life.

And, thanks to you I have been rocking out to The Dave Matthews band (which I don't think I have EVER listened to before) for the past 20 minutes! Thanks for the culture :)