The Copeland Family

The Copeland Family

Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's Over!!


Our second season of soccer has ended. I have to say that this season was NOT fun. Things started out pretty good-Draven was really excited and was getting into it more, but then our coach became that coach you never want...cancelling practice after you're already there, not calling when a game or practice is cancelled, changing the date of the make-up games 2 and 3 times, etc. We also didn't really have a team mom-we still don't have trophies and don't know when the end-of-season party will be. So, with the decline of our coach's attitude came the decline in Draven's attitude. It was a struggle to get him to go and once there he didn't seem to care. On Friday we had our last make-up game and Draven told me he wasn't going. I explained that he had made a commitment to play and he would finish the season. It was only 2 games after all. He seemed ok with that, but then when we got to the game he said-"I'm never playing soccer again!" He did though.

Hopefully we will have another season to talk about in the fall. If not we'll have more time for basketball-Draven's current favorite!

*In the picture Draven is the tall one on the right.

3 comments:

Lindsey Rose said...

That is a great picture! It amazes me how much the kids pick up on an adults attitude! That stinks. Hopefully b-ball will be better.

Unknown said...

I am so elated that it is over. Sophia and Bella say they are never going to play again, and I am so COOL with that. :)

"I, I was standing, you were there...two world's collided"....good song...I had almost forgotten about it.

Deb said...

His socks rock! :O)

And don't get your hopes up - Kenton swore he'd never play soccer again just last May. And then January comes and it's time to sign up and he not only wants to play, he wants Luke to be his coach! Our season is almost over too. Hooray!