The Copeland Family

The Copeland Family

Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Husband, The College Graduate!

May 9, 2009 my husband graduated with a BS in Organizational Management with a concentration in Marketing! After 12 years of being in college off and on, one class at a time, he started an excellerated program at Tusculum College two years ago. 49 weeks of the year he had atleast one class a week, for 4 hours, plus "team" meetings some weeks. He worked really hard, even at the end when he didn't want to, and did an awesome job. He had mostly A's in his classes and received letters from some of his professors about the great work he did. I am so unbelievably proud of him! I cried before the ceremonies began, and really cried when I saw my wonderful husband walking in wearing his silly cap and gown. I hope, even though the boys are young, that we will help them remember how hard their daddy worked and what a great example he is for them.

So, May 9th my Mom, Dad, Aunt Carol and Uncle Bill, Pierce's Mom & Dad, Pierce's Sister-Melana, and our family drove up to Greeneville, TN where the main Tusculum campus is located for the graduation ceremonies. We had to arrive really early so Pierce could practice, so my mom and I took the boys around the campus, which is beautiful, and snapped some pictures. Tusculum is the oldest college in Tennessee and some of the buildings and trees where really neat. The graduation ceremony was short and sweet, but so special because Pierce was there! He was so much taller than most of the people dressed in robes that Melana commented that it looked like he was with a bunch of little kids!

After the ceremony we drove a couple of miles to Chuckey, TN and one of the best restaurants I have been to. It is called "The Farmer's Daughter," and everything is good ole' southern cookin'. They bring everything family style and it is all you can eat, with drink and dessert included. We picked two meats and the meal came with about 12 side dishes. My aunt had made a Chocolate Bar Cake (I didn't know dessert came with our meal) so several people had two desserts! If you ever want to drive a couple of hours to a beautiful area of Tennessee and have a fabulous meal-only on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday-then this is one place I would really recommend. Next to the restaurant was a little Amish store that had everything! They even had bags of Lucky Charm type marshmallows that you could buy. I got some homemade jam and Root Beer flavor Twizzlers. While we were out to lunch we also celebrated Mother's Day. The boys and Pierce gave me the new EA Sports, Wii Active so I can workout at home sometimes, and Pierce game me a framed certificate that talks about the support and love I gave him while he was working on his degree. I cried again!

3 comments:

Katy Beth said...

Aw...ya'll are too cute! Congrats, Peirce!!

Unknown said...

Love that photo up top...who took it...need to hire them

CONGRATS to Pierce and to you too...we know it took a whole lot of your commitment too.

I understand the tears of joy.

I think we all need to go that restaurant..I have always wanted to go there.

Unknown said...

I'm crying A G A I N !!! He's the best son-in-law a person could have too ... great guy, wonderful husband & dad. We're so blessed to have him in our family raising righteous sons (& maybe a daughter?) Either way - love ya, Lynn