The Copeland Family

The Copeland Family

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Coming Home

Cute bottom chasing ducks
Saturday was our final day of vacation. I was really trying to convince Pierce to stay another night, but no such luck. I was excited to get home, but at the same time I was having so much fun just being with our family and away from our daily responsibilities. The last night, Friday, Pierce and I made s'mores again after we put the boys to bed. Then we sat by the fire and just talked; about the boys, our vacation, all the things going on in our lives right now. I think that was my favorite part of the whole trip. Pierce and I talk and communicate really well, but that night was just better.

Each of us has a different favorite part of the trip so here's the list:
Pierce-the Caverns
Me-the last night
Draven-the Cavern & the Waterpark
Brody-the swirly slide (at the waterpark)
PJ-I think he liked chasing the ducks the best.

PJ also learned a new phrase on our trip; "Jedi says woof, woof." No one can understand him except the family because his version sounds more like "Dadi, puff puff."

PJ & Pop at Reunion
On our way home we detoured through Chattanooga for a small family reunion. We met at Riverpark and had a picnic and let the kids play. The reunion was for my paternal grandmother and her sister's children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. My grandmother had 7 kids (only 3 were represented) and her sister, Marguerite, had 4 so there were quite a few of us there. It was the first time I had met most of Aunt Marguerite's family. We also visited my great-Aunt Louise. She is 89 and living in a nursing home, so it was good to see her again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LeGrand and I will frequently just light a fire in our backyard to experience exactly what you are talking about...those moments we take to reflect on our lives together are some of the very best..and a fire and campchairs just seems to solidify it all together.

Katy Beth said...

Aw...your boys are so cute!! I'm glad ya'll had a good time!